Tuesday, January 18, 2005

3rd January 2005

Angela flew the kite I gave her for Christmas on the beach, it soars easily into the sky. The weather is still spattered by 'monotanous' rain.

Dad & I are listening to a CD of Symphony No.2 by Sibelius on the tiny portable player, I cannot fail but be moved. Methinks this CD set was a good present for Papa. Clearly we share a love of this stuff, it is a dense music, carefully balancing contrasting musical ideas in an ever widening narrative.

Sillyme! Papa just told me, "this was the piece that turned you around. Don't you remember? You played the flute part in a summer course at Pulteney Grammar with John Hopkins. I still have the program somewhere."
I vaguely remember this, naturally, Papa is shocked I don't remember this as well as he. It is my love of him which prevents me from raking over the past, when I was a young teenager trying to find my way. I am happy to just be here and make the most of the now.

Margaret and Barry have left now, June still has a couple of days, we hope the weather will brighten up, meanwhile Angela is enjoying her new digital camera and using iPhoto and showing us her slideshows. They were good company, and interesting and inspiring people who are open and adventuresome.
Mostly slept today then began watching the Lord Of The Rings DVD trilogy Helen gave me for Christmas. While the NZ locations are lovely, the story is so irksome, seems to be about war only, but then, at the time Tolkein was writing, Europe was in the midst of the military struggle of fascist peers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home