Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Transposition

It's a trick of how my mind works. I think associatively and look for positive and upbeat aspects to things. The association between considering moving here and having to transpose on my flute has helped me focus a little on the issues.

Today Papa and I played again, this time Bach flute sonatas, the C major then the e minor. Because his harpsichord is tuned to a lower pitch then I had to transpose them into so B flat and d minor. I know these works pretty well now and there was a moment when I allowed myself to not read the part but rather play by ear (detest that term by the way, how else is one supposed to play?) and accomplished a much better performance.

It's the feeling that is confirmed time and time again, that to allow the mind to over process mostly impedes function. I'd like to progress through life this way as in music.

My point is - I don't feel I really want to uproot and come here just yet, although physically it's a nice place.
More likely see this academic year out in the UK first. There... it's decided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home