Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Itinerant Music Teacher

Whereas in the UK we call ourselves Peripatetic Instrumental Teachers, here in New Zealand they are know as Itinerant Music Teachers.

This afternoon I rode into town and got soaked, a strong shower, so I nipped into a cycle shop and bought a waterproof.
My missions for today included finding out about and making arrangements to get me and my bike over to Paton's Rock in Golden Bay for the 29th December until I leave to return to the UK on the 15th January.

I visited courier offices and remover companies and while cycling I came upon the offices for School Support, plucked up the courage and knocked on the door to enquire about possible work in schools here. They directed me to the Department Of Education Advisory Service offices. Tomorrow I have an appointment at Nelson School Of Music. Perhaps I will know more after that meeting. I haven't seen much of my family in my life and I am thinking of coming here more permanently if I can find suitable work, I have loads of experience and skills to offer, see my CV.

I then booked my bus tickets through to Takaka for me and my bike, but I will most likely ask to be put off at the top of Takaka Hill and glide to Paton's Rock, yes, I bottled out of doing the climb on the bike.

Dad seems better today and we played Handel Flute Sonatas at A=415! I had to transpose down a tone with the headjoint pulled out, didn't do too badly. The first time we have played together in over 32 years and that ole magic is still there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home