Monday, December 20, 2004

Wakefield

This morning I went to pick up my flute from Dave who lives over the valley here and has repadded it for $40, thanks Dave. So this evening I practiced scales and sonorité for 2 hours in the kitchen.

This afternoon we went for a drive via Stoke and Hope to Wakefield, a town south of Nelson which is 'historic', originally settled by missionaries, which explains the presence of so many churches in such a small place. For worshipers of the 'Minor' too, wish I'd got a photo of the car lot that sold Morris Minors, there were about 50 in the yard. This photo is of a General Store, we drove up to the church but did not venture in. It's the oldest in the South Island. Angela and I wandered down the street and back again to the '4 Square' shop where we bought Ice Creams (Dad's shout). We then drove to a local parkland and ate the Magnums, mine was Mango in blazing sunshine. On the way we had been to Dan's farm to buy tomatoes and potatoes, then to Heatherbells who sold fruit, we bought apricots.

Back in Nelson I tried to find a music shop with a treble recorder so that I can play Handel Sonatas with Dad on his Zimmerman kit harpsichord (see photo), Helen is trying to borrow a cello for when she comes up. Would be great if we could play together, a real first for the Barker trio. I'll record it on my Mini Disc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home