Tuesday, January 18, 2005

6th January 2005

A much better day all round. The sun was bright and warm. Woke early without a hangover and after breakfast, we took June to Takaka to get her K-bus to Nelson airport then Christchurch. Did a little shopping in Organics, my favourite shop, for limes & herb teas including; Manuka, Echinacea and St John's Wort, also visited chemist for more First Aid supplies for bike emergencies (just in case) and sun block factor 30.
Smudge, one of Angela's cats, reappeared. We were worried about her because there was a pool of blood and some fur that looked like hers on the doorstep, but she was OK.
Dad has had a better day today, having been for 3 walks.
At about 4 pm I went for a bike ride of about 11km to Rangihaeata beach and inlet. Past some horse riders near the beach, a mother and two daughters, I assume, the eldest was rather tasty. On approaching them from behind, I'd given a gentle ring with my bell, which caused a lovely smile and prompted some conversation as I passed by. The wind was hard at the beach and after reading a little, then proceeded along the spit and sheltered behind a dune and sat there for about half an hour. My life seems to be one of almost complete solitude now. No change from the last years in Edinburgh, then this last year in Birmingham. Yes, I am beginning to feel very lonely in my life, who knows if this will change. I feel myself so isolated now, the party last night was fun, but it felt so out of the ordinary to be in company. At the end of the party I played the Roland digital piano, which entertained folk. It was a reminder of another part of my life that's missing, i.e. playing music, jamming, I do miss the trio. Ok, you see I'm feeling pretty blue so I'll sign off for today.
Photos: 6th January

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home