Wednesday, December 08, 2004

1st

Yesterday got into Nelson airport. Oh boy, it IS really beautiful. Warm, sunny. Last night we had a 1st, all of us together for the first time. Dad, Angela, Helen, Kemp and me. Roast lamb dinner, the best lamb I've had in years with my family. Really very special and I've got almost 6 weeks more to go, so I'm a very happy bunny. Helen, Kemp and I went to The Warehouse, which is a budget supermarket, a bit like Carrefour in France, sells almost everything, VERY cheap. I'm looking for how to get a ride. They had bikes for $149. I'm now wandering around the town and taking it all in, weighing up the idea in my mind of cycling through the Abel Tasman National Park up to Golden Bay. It's about 112 km and it goes over a big mountain range, so if I can get a half decent bike, I'm going for it.

The town is SO clean and very pleasant to be in. I've seen a great 1962 Split screen Type 2, two tone blue.

Dad is better than he has been since the initial attack. It's really very good to all be together. Right, I'm off now to explore some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home