Sunday, December 05, 2004

Apple Store to Heathrow

After trudging the West End yesterday, I'm now at Heathrow. Can you believe I had forgotten the luggage tags? Bought some bright orange day-glo ones here.
I went to the Apple Store in Regent Street, a nice guy spoke to me for about 30 minutes on all things Apple and retail. The store was jam packed. You know, if you've been a Mac user for years, it's great to see them have such a high profile in the High Street, I no longer feel out on the margins, well not so much anyway. According to my guide, the store is the largest retail space they have in the world, and by the amount of visitors in the store yesterday, it really isn't big enough. Especially charming was a low table of about 12 eMac with children playing on them. The demonstration area with a 'genius' talking about systems and applications and guiding people through Apple use was great.
So now, only another 45 minutes until check-in. You know, I never drink anymore, this morning I know why. I had a couple of lagers last night and I've got a headache.

BBC NEWS | UK | Apple's flock worships new store

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home