Tuesday, January 18, 2005

15th January 2005

Flying out of Nelson as I write, the Saab is over the Tasman Bay, Golden Bay off to the left. I got a lovely send off. Margaret and Barry Scott, Theresa and Bob Ducker, Helen and Kemp, Angela and Dad. Of course, it was quite emotional. I intend to return to Nelson before too long.
Farewell Spit in view now, and the Bay in full. I'm in seat 1a by the door, looking over the turbo prop which is making the light have a colour shift. The luggage is .2 kg under the allowance including my bike.
It's been great to share my 50th, Christmas, New Year and some hot days with my family of whom I've seen so little over the years. From the first few days I was in Nelson, there were strong family bonds and feelings which my life and situation has impeded. Naturally I would like to return to work in New Zealand.

The North Island in view now, not as clear as Nelson or Golden Bay. Mount Taranaki stands proud and snow capped.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comLA AIRPORT 2.30pm local time, cueing 'in transit'. Really is crazy after a long flight to stand in a cue for over an hour to pass through an immigration check then reboard the plane without entering the USA. New post 9/11 security arrangements. I cannot see what useful function it serves, except for adding passenger's identities to a US database. I'm not the only one to feel this way, see other peoples' comments: Passenger Opinions - LAX
Photos: 15th & 16th Janaury

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home